Hi there! I am Handy Wicaksono, a Ph.D. student at School of Computer Science and Engineering, UNSW Australia. My research is intersection between artificial intelligence (especially machine learning) and robotics.
Here at CSE – UNSW, I’ve got a good chances to work (and play) with several robots: Turtlebot (an educational robot kit), Denso VP-6242 (an industrial arm robot), Emu Mini (a 3D printed robot for rescue), and Baxter (a service robot).
During my PhD, I have been in these roles:
- PROLOG consultant for “Artificial Intelligence” (COMP 9414) at School of CSE, UNSW (2017)
- Tutor for “Machine Learning and Data Mining” (COMP 9417) at School of CSE, UNSW (2016 – 2017)
- Demonstrator for “Computing for Mechatronic Engineers” (MTRN2500) at School of MME, UNSW (2016)
- Mentor and demonstrator for “Introduction to Engineering Design and Innovation” (ENGG 1000) at School of CSE, UNSW (2014 – 2017)
- Sub-reviewer for IJCAI conference (2016)
- Participant of RoboCup to demonstrate Emu Mini 2, a 3D printed mini rescue robot, in Hefei, China (2015)
- Robotics teacher for elementary school students at EdX Academy (2015)
- Participant of IEEE-RAS Response Robotics Summer School in Perth, Australia (2014)
You can reach me at : handywicaksono at gmail dot com. I also have a YouTube channel.
This simple blog will reflect what I do and learn during my Ph.D. time. Enjoy!